Standing Committee Descriptions
- Works with the principal of Achieve Academy
- Plan parent education programs for Achieve Academy with the assistance of the 2nd VP of Programs
- Plan staff appreciation for Achieve Academy with the assistance of the Hospitality chair
- Find volunteers to help at Achieve Academy with the assistance of the Volunteer chair
- Work with local units to stimulate interest in rights and privileges of good citizenship and strive to carry out the third Purpose of the National PTA: “To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth”
- Uphold in all legislative activity the non-partisan policy of supporting issues, not candidates
- Plan and coordinate PTA Legislative Day at the State Capitol activities for the members of this Council
ARTS IN EDUCATION
- Promote the National PTA Reflections Program
- Coordinate council entries by publicizing, receiving, judging and forwarding winning entries to Texas PTA
- Assist local units with the Reflections Program where necessary
- Plan and implement a Reflections Award Reception
- Promote other National PTA and/or Texas PTA art programs
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- This committee shall provide local units with training, support, and encouragement for activities that promote cultural diversity.
- Create and maintain the Council’s website
- Train local units on website setup and maintenance if using the Council hosting
- Coordinate, create and publish the monthly newsletter
- Compile, edit, and distribute a directory of members of Council
- Be responsible for publicizing and promoting all projects, activities, and events concerning the Council with President’s approval.
- Be responsible for implementing and coordinating community outreach projects and programs with a goal to increase community service and awareness across Wylie ISD
- Work with local units to support community outreach projects and programs
- Manage the Wylie Way Outfitters program and organize volunteers to work
- Organize a National Night Out activity
- Be responsible for promoting activities for environmental awareness in the local units and community
- Organize district wide recycling contest
- Coordinate an annual fundraising project.
- Promote awareness of coordinating and maintaining good fundraising practices throughout local units.
- Research and apply for grants and other funding opportunities.
- Plan hospitality at the Council Membership Meetings and Executive Board meetings as required
- Plan hospitality for FOUNDATIONS: Leadership Orientation and training workshops held by Council
- Assist Achieve Academy chair with staff appreciation planning.
- Chair of the Condolences and Memorials committee.
- Coordinate a recognition event to celebrate the achievements of the council and local PTA units.
- Identify and develop emerging leaders in the local PTA units of the Wylie ISD Council of PTAs
- Assist council chairs in identifying and providing necessary training using participant feedback and surveys.
- Work with the administration about promoting the awareness of special education and gifted programs
- Work with the local units to educate parents and distribute information on special education and gifted programs
SHAC REPRESENTATIVES COORDINATOR/HEALTH EDUCATION
- Work with local units to ensure that each unit has a SHAC representative and shall work with the Wylie ISD administration to make sure all necessary information, including meeting dates and times, is distributed to all representatives
- Work with local units to promote the education of parents, teachers and students in the matters of healthy lifestyles
- Coordinate the school supply sale and distribution of supplies with district administration and local units
- Be Responsible for implementing and coordinating the Birthday Bag Project; and
- Be Responsible for implementing and coordinating any additional student outreach projects and programs.
- Work with local units to promote recruiting and recognizing volunteers by providing material and training
- Coordinate Volunteer of the Year selections with local units, selections at Council level and recognition of winners with the assistance of a committee consisting of five members and an alternate, with no two members from the same local PTA.
- Work with local units to promote the education of parents, teachers and students in the matters of youth protection and safety. The concerns of this committee might include: child abuse, cyber safety, guns, drugs, alcohol, bullying, and any other safety related issues.